Friday 15 February 2013

ROASTED LEMON & BASIL POTATOES




I've tried roasting potatoes before and they've always turned out flavourless, undercooked , burnt or just plain boring.  So, I decided to try something new, start fresh and forget about all my other potato disasters!  I let my creativity flow and my kitchen instincts take over.  These potatoes are now an awesome side dish that go with just about anything.  Their tangy deliciousness allows them to be enjoyed plain or dipped in ketchup.  :)

INGREDIENTS:
2 - 3 new potatoes
1 slightly rounded tablespoon of coconut oil
1 lemon, freshly juiced
All the ingredients you'll need
1 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 1/4 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon sea salt

WHAT TO DO:
pre heat oven to 400 degrees
#1 Chop potatoes into chunks,  put them in a medium sized casserole dish.
#2 Add coconut oil and mix around until potatoes are coated.
#3 Add  fresh lemon juice, mix.
#4 add spices and salt.
#5 mix until potatoes are coated in oil, lemon and spices. Spread out evenly  in the casserole dish.
Deliciousness!
#6 Put potatoes in the oven for about an hour give or take. All oven temperatures seem to be a bit different, mine runs a bit hotter . Make sure to mix them around every 15 minutes or so to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the dish.
#7 Remove from oven and enjoy!

NOTES:
#1 New potatoes and red potatoes have less starch than other potatoes like the russet .
#2  This recipe serves two but can easily be doubled or quadrupled in size.
#3 There are claims saying coconut oil is the healthiest oil, however, I still try to limit my intake. I just don't believe all the hype about it.  So as long as I don't chow down on this everyday, I think it's a nice treat to indulge in once in a while! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment